Some stuff I’ve done
- Was invited, as a leading UX thinker, to contribute a chapter to an international book called ‘UX Storytellers’ – free preview available or buy from Amazon .
- Interviewed along with other experts from the US and Australia for a white paper by Bienalto on ‘What is your take on User Experience Design’?
- Presentation as part of an AIMIA forum on ‘Creating a Customer-Centered Culture’ entitled ‘Towards Corporate Usability Maturity’
- Presentation as part of an AIMIA Customer Experience Group on ‘Innovation Through Design Research’.
- UX Australia 2009 presentation on: “The new digital ethnographers toolkit: Capturing a participants lifestream”
- Presentation I gave at the Usability Professionals Association 2nd Birthday Party in Sydney entitled “The Future of HCI: Intelligent Interfaces as Agents of Change”
- In October 2008 I gave a presentation at the OZIA conference on ambient-personalisation which I reprised for the Web Standards Group, Sydney on Tuesday 7th October. You can also view/download this on slideshare.
- In October 2008 I was part of a NDM / USiT Group Presentation at the OZIA conference on ‘Search And Sensibility Four Tales Of Search‘ along with Louisa Cameron, Scott Bryant and Angus Fraser.
- I gave a presentation entitled ‘Understanding User Interface Design’ to the Schlumberger Austin Technology Centre, USA.
- Presentation summarising work I did on Activity Centered Design whilst at XeroxParc Europe.
- A presentation detailing the architecture behind my PhD entitled the ‘Architecture of the AMEBICA Agent Based Adaptive Process Control Interface’
- I have written and presented at several international conferences, including a paper I gave at OZCHI 2000, Sydney, Australia 2000 entitled ‘Enhancing Operator Performance in Critical Real-time systems using an Intelligent, Adaptive, Agent-based system’
- My Thesis entitled:’The Design of a Multimedia Adaptive Interface for Process Control Using a Multi-Agent Approach’ contains screen shots, rationale, user testing results and detailed design.